Saturday, September 24, 2005

Flexibility

In a bit of sad news today, our trip to Kenya has been canceled due to Al Qaeda and piracy activity in eastern Africa, and since we’re a big, easy target as a shipful of American students, this was in our safety’s best interest. We don’t yet know where we’re going after South Africa. I was going to lead a camping safari in the Maasa Mari region, and after numerous conversations prior to the voyage with friends who have been Kenya, especially a really long one with Doni Thompson at the Nuthouse, it was one of the countries I was most excited about visiting.

Oh, well. This trip is all about being flexible. Anywhere we go will be new and exciting and somewhere I’ve never been before. So we wait.

Tomorrow I’ll share my thoughts on Desmond Tutu.

No comments: