Sunday, October 23, 2005

While my Sitar Gently Weeps

Now that we’re well into the voyage and I feel I learned to travel, I must admit I was really hesitant about my choice of doing a massive four-city tour in five days in India. I’ve had so much success finding independent trips in our last three ports, and had so much fun in the less-touristy destinations, that the idea of criss-crossing the country with 69 other Semester at Sea kids to India’s greatest tourist trap suddenly sounded really unappealing.

But this is India we're talking about. I went, and between Varanasi and the Taj Mahal I experienced some of the most amazing things I’ve seen, and the trip was absolutely worth it. Since we don’t have a lot of time until the next port, I’ll probably post part of the voyage after I take a long nap tonight (to avoid the “blog books” that Mandy mentioned in the comments for the previous entry… and since she seemed to appreciate getting mentioned a while back, Mandy, this is for you:

(Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy

(Ok, back to the issue at hand).

So I’ll take care of that tonight. And since there is a new internet system on board, I’ll see if I can upload pictures from Mauritius. Two people asked if I had a picture with Desi, but I didn’t take any pictures of him. I did find out other people did, so here’s one of them.

Also, here’s one of me spinning the guitar on the pen during the Sea Olympics. I know there are better pictures out there, I’ll do my best to upload once I get it.

Also, I noticed on the comments that an SAS mom is reading this. Welcome aboard, Clara! I’m very curious how you found out about this site – it’s not really linked to anything… And who is your son/daughter? Tell him/her/it I said hi.

I feel the ship leaving port as we speak. I really need a shower. Next upload should be relatively soon.

2 comments:

Nicolle said...

Last week, a parent posted Sony's blog on the MSN board. Sony links to your blog. I think your mass audience is only about a week old.

Chris doesn't blog, so I read everyone else's to supplement his photos. I found yours just in time to read about Mauritius... and to read your back post (Jason's?) about drinking in Brazil. I made Chris explain his "technique" via email bouncing off of three satellites.

Thanks Rico. I'm sure I'll meet you in San Diego.

Nicolle
(chris's girlfriend)

Mandy said...

Oh Rico.... how sweet! :-P
Hope you still practice my personal song... lalala...
:-)))))))

xo